Thursday, November 3, 2011

Brittany's Wish

 Last week I had the honor of helping sweet Brittany's wish come true!  This young lady deserves a break, in more ways than one, and so it was my pleasure, and my personal mission!, to make sure she got everything she wanted on her wish day!
First off was having a send-off party at her favorite restaurant in town, with her favorite people.  So I contacted Cheddar's, and they were so generous to us all night long.  Brittany was treated like the celebrity she was!  And her sister Chelsey, and her grandmother, who has gone to the moon and back for these two girls, were right by her side to celebrate!
 Brittany has wished to go to Disney World, on Halloween!  When I asked her at her party at Cheddars what she is most looking forward to, I just knew this teenager would say some sort of rollercoaster...but she said, "I just can't wait to meet Mickey Mouse!"  God love the innocence of a child.  With that, everyone got new luggage, and Brittany got a new backpack in her favorite colors full of goodies for ther trip!
 And before the appetizers were even on the table....guess who couldn't wait to dig in her prizes!  And why not, it's her day!  We told her she could order anything and everything she wanted, and do anything she wanted!  The sky's the limit when you're making a wish come true, right!
  A simple book about the theme parks, sent to Brittany from Disney World itself, made her so excited she could hardly put it down to dig through the rest!
 Of it doesn't take much with children to light up their world.  Some funky Halloween socks, LOTS of candy, glow sticks, anything hot PINK in her eyes....and we're like totally cool.
 One of my favorite gifts to give is a Barbie.  Matel makes a collector Barbie just for Make-A-Wish we give our wish kids, and they make a HotWheels edition for the boys.  It's one way Matel gives back, and I can tell you it'll keep me buying Barbies and hotwheels for a long time.
 We celebrated and counted down the hours until her 7 day vacation to Disney begins, where Brittany gets to just BE A KID!  We made a list of all the must-sees and must-dos.  She was more than excited when we left, and I could tell by the hug she gave me, the energy was just beginning to accumulate in her! 

We ended the evening with Cheddar's surprising us with these wonderful signature desserts, and we all grabbed spoons and dug in!  I cannot wait to hear this sweet girl's voice when she returns this week, and get all the totally cool details about everything they did and saw!  Brittany, I'm so glad your wish came true!!  You deserve it, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment