Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Project Prom

The first of the month I was so excited about participating in this project!  The Junior League, for the second year, successfully pulled off Project Prom in our area, for our 5 surrounding high schools.  Basically, we send out invitations for any junior or senior girls in need of a prom dress to come shop our stock, free of charge.  (And in the mean time, we are collecting donations of gently used, or brand new formal dresses like crazy!!)
 We are also loaded to the gills with shoes, purses, wraps, jewelry, etc.  So when these girls left, they were ready for the runways!

It was such a humbling experience to see these sweet girls (with the help of a lot of mamas) try on dress after dress, in search of just the right one, twirl around in front of the mirrors, and watch that big grin grow on their faces!


As much as I know this was a good thing I was doing, it was just plain selfish as well (which I'm reminded often I still need to work on a lot!).  I have to admit I was living a bit of high school nostalgia through these sweet girls and those good ol' prom memories with each sequin and rhinestone studded gown I zipped up, and would shout "Now come out and twirl for us!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment