Friday, July 8, 2011

A Photo Shoot and A Special Visitor!

 My Independence Day Weekend was spent with my favorite people,lots of pool time, grilled veggies and a fresh catch off the grill, and even a little manual labor.  And yes, it did include a photo shoot and a special visitor too! 

To be more specific, it started Saturday morning with Jeff picking up two Guatemalans in a parking lot off Veterans Parkway to help with a little project we've got in my backyard.  And work they did!!  But more to report on that at a later date....  (the project, not the Guatemalans, we just dropped them back off with fifty bucks and a cerveza).

Anyway....on to Jeffro's for some dinner.  And as the sunset, I couldn't help but beg him to bring me my camera (as I lay on my chaise with my own cerveza after all my manual labor earlier).  But the sunset escapes me, and instead, things get a little silly.  (Don't worry, you're getting the highlights, there's about 30 others just slightly different I will look at myself and smile.)

Which is just how I like them.
 He might just be the most patient man I know (and that's saying a lot!).


I'm not sure what Roscoe did here, but it obviously wasn't very polite.
 But someone still loves his dog.  And I still love that dog's someone.
 Next was dinner, who's suprised?  Big ol' honkin' ribeyes and grilled veggies.  If you drew my blood I'd test positive for bovine and squash I'm almost positive.
 Ok, now the best part!  (And the best of the best part is she knows she can't get me for posting this picture because she's already hopping the next plane....sorry, charlie!) 

My bestie Haley came into town!!  Or more adequately, came in the country!  Korea is oh so far away, so I was so excited when the flight was finally set in stone like last week.....only to be so dismayed when she arrived Saturday with food poisoning.  Pitiful.  But still had a smile! 
Needless to say, Haley did not eat her steak, but I was so happy to see her feeling better by Sunday.  We didn't go to the lake as planned because bumpy boat rides don't really mesh well with healing tummies, if you know what I mean, so a few friends came over to Jeff's for the afternoon.

This is Tami and Lane, two of her dearest friends from college.

 And their two munchkins, Luke and Samuel.  Let me just say this:  if Jeff brought out one tractor, he brought 12.  And I died laughing as he tried his damnest to teach a 3 and 4 year old that the best tractors made are Catepillar.  And I quote "Now boys, you say it: The best tractors made are Catepillars."  He meant it with his whole heart, people.
 Samuel keep track of the weather by running off the porch into the rain, and checking the status.  I don't know if he wanted to go swimming more, or just play in the rain!
 The sun did come out after a little afternoon shower (which we're quite grateful for) and we all got in the pool.  Jeff and Haley hogged the super squirter watergun, and Samuel, Lane and I went down the slide like the big kids we are. 
 Dinner, you ask?  Oh course my love was back on the grill.  We dont really do many dishes if we can help it.  We grilled snapper and baked sweet potato fries.  And I made my mama's peach cobbler.  And nailed it!  (I'm just sayin...)  Oh, and Haley ate on the special plate as our guest of honor!  :) 

You know I think the farm is heaven right?  It's breathtaking in my opinion.  But I like to keep it real people.  I put this picture up to show my sweet thing and his mad grilling skillz, but then looked in the background.  It aint all red-n-white PB cushions and green, green grass.  Clearly I got some cleaning to do!  I just cracked up looking at the pool cleaning nets in the corner, and the window seal lined with wasp spray, then Miracle Grow, then bullets.  That's how we roll.  And I love that dusty old grill, but as always, it's what's on the inside that counts!  Moving on....
 Monday was an undocumented day, which makes me a bit sad.  Jeffrey left with the clowns for the mountains for a little vaca, so that morning he professed his unending love and affection and told me I was the most beautiful thing ever to cross his path..... asked me to hurry up and brush my teeth and give him a kiss, he had to load the cooler and hit the road....and not the tear up the house while he's gone....oh, and to feed the chickens and dogs, and water the garden....and other romantic stuff like that.  ;)

So Haley and I had peach cobbler for breakfast, frozen pizza for lunch, and Ashley Clements came over (with sweet Mallory in tow) to get some sun with us and catch up with Haley!

Tuesday Haley and I went to dinner with some friends from Ft. Benning, Renee, who works at the Corps with Haley, and her hubby Armando, who is a sharp shooter....so don't make him mad!  We had a yummy dinner at Houlihan's, and when back to the house for a little more girl time before crashing on the last night of a great visit!
It was a wonderful weekend, lazy buy fun, full of eating and swimming, and laughing and talking, everything that makes me a happy girl!!  Haley, come home again soon!  And Happy 4th everyone!!  Let freedom ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment