Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Day

Thanksgiving is always full of chaos, noise, food, laughing, and a whole lotta love.  My sister brings all of that with her from Mobile to our get-together, and I am so thankful for it!
 At Mimi and PawPaw's house, it's a toss up who's the loudest, but I can tell you who loves the camera the most....
 And who can tell one heckuva story! 
 Over at Grandmother's, the atmosphere may be a little more...uh...Baptist...but there's still a heap of cuttin' up to be done.
 Like with this cute turkey.
 The kids table never changes by the way.  Kids may get bigger, but they never get to move to the dining room.  In fact, Jeff and I may be nearing "middle aged"....but we still slept on air mattresses with all those people crammed in there...it is what it is...!
 Friday morning we were up with the roosters....correction:  I believe the roosters were still counting sheep.  Actually, I'm not sure that they do that, seeing that's it's a fellow barn animal and all....anyhow.  Point is, we were up WAY TOO EARLY to go hunting.  Because Daddy loves it, and Jeffrey loves it, and I love being with my two favorite men on earth.  Frankly, I'm an afternoon hunting kinda girl, and then I could be there all day, because there's nothing more peaceful to me than sitting in the quiet woods and listening to absolutely nothing but what God made just for us.  It's a nice reality check sometimes at how simple life can be.
 We saw 3 werewolfs, 5 turkeys, 2 deer, and some birds.  Ok, maybe they were coyotes, but they looked like werewolfs to me.  These creatures entertained me for hours.  We snuggled high up in that tree house to keep warm.  I shopped on line the Black Friday sales (I do still have needs, though I wear camo.)  I texted Uncle Pat and cousin Hunter to make sure they werent napping.  My dad kept texting me just how good his pound cake was (because he thought it was hilarious we forgot ours).
 All this texting and whispering and shopping kept us entertained for hours until we climbed down, peeling off some layered and met up for the other Simpson hunters.  Then we headed to the little country cafe for lunch, and back out to the woods for an afternoon hunt.  And is there a more fittin' name for a resturant in Highland Home, AL where time just doesn't seem to matter than ....what else....
November was a long month for my family, but it ended on a good note, with lots of love and quality time together.  I hardly even took the camera out for just wanting to hold on to everyone around me.  I am so thankful for every face that sat around the kitchen table at Thanksgiving, those far away that couldn't be with us, and those that are looking out for us from above. 

1 comment:

  1. Your grandad is a HOOT and a half! All the cousins look as beautiful as ever! Jess especially...dang she's got a great smile, nice jawbones. Anywhoo, I had to tell you I laugh every time we pass that restaurant, never stopped to eat there, but want to some day.

    ReplyDelete