Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shoulda Posted Sooner!

Procrastination gets the best of me sometimes. And I forget about this little blog. And I should've posted sooner. And I would've told you about about Chrissie. She's having her second baby. She's my "lake friend," I call her. I relate everyone to something. I have a Yankee friend, a GA Bulldog friend, a work friend, high school friend, college roommate friends...its how each friend knows each other. So this lake friend, Chrissie (and her hubby Rich, my Ranger friend) had baby Tori and year and a half ago. She's to die for.
So for Chrissie's second baby, a few of our closest friends (my work friend Haley, and another lake friend Jen) went out for a little lunch at a fun restaurant in town, Mark's City Grill a few weeks ago. (Forgot to tell you, see--procrastination). Delish. Fried green beans, sweet potato fries, pimento cheese burgers, man please!
And some precious cupcakes (in blue of course!) for dessert!
And following up dessert, presents!
BUT....because I didnt post about our luncheon when I should have, and I've been counting down the days to her Dec. 1st induction, because Mama is carrying an awfully big baby....I was NOT prepared when Mama Chrissie called me this morning at 1:30am in a panic because her water broke!! So I said bring Tori on over on the way into town(because obviously) there was no grandmother here yet....induction is still a week away, and that's still a week before due date! So after getting snuggled back in bed around 2:30am with sweet baby Tori, kissing Chrissie goodbye in the driveway, I woke up to this sweet face this morning!
But who I am I kidding really...I didnt sleep a wink! I was one paranoid aunt! She, on the other hand, slept, well, like a baby! And was up AT 6AM!! God love you mommys out there!!
And at 6:30am we got the call that Baby brother Christian was born healthy and happy! I'm sure this sister can't wait to meet him! So....when is nap time?!!? :)
Congrats Rich and Chrissie, love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet of you! And what a precious little face to snuggle with...I know your friends were thankful to have you to call, knowing their first baby would be fine while they went to have their second baby!!! :)

    And I don't believe for a minute that you ate fried green beans, sweet potato fries, pimento cheese burgers and a blue cupcake and still look as skinny as you do. Quit lying! :) You look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete