Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Endings

This is my wish kid, Daniel.  I met him in January of 2009.  Just two months prior he was diagnosed with Leukemia (ALL), at 3 years old.  In January, I asked him what his biggest wish in the whole wide world was, which is quite a tall order for a little guy!

 
That September, we came back to Daniel's, to tell him his wish was our command!  What was it?  "To meet Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh and fly in a plane like my daddy."  So naturally, we had a Disney-themed send-off party for my little man prior to his weeklong Disney trip, and of course he earned his wings as he traveled by air, just like daddy does!
 Daniel and his family have been amazing, a true extension of my own.  Their love of Make-A-Wish didn't end when their son's wish was granted, but have become avid supporters of our foundation to help other wishes like Daniel's.  Here, the summer of '10, he's helping me sell $1.00 stars at a Chick-fil-A fundraiser.
 And this past fall, October '11, he was the star of the show at our Evening of Wishes, as he called out every single door prize to be given away on a real microphone, as his family were guests of honor at our silent aution fundraiser.
Daniel was a regular kid.  With cancer.  He could do anything you can do.  But he could do it with a chemo port, because he's so tough like that.  For the past three years he's gone to school, church, movies.... rode his bike, played t-ball, swam.... laughed, cried, sang, prayed, danced, kissed and hugged..... been a son, a friend, an inspiration, a little boy, and a FIGHTER. 
...
...
...
...
...
...
And guess what?
...
...
...
...
...
...
Today, he's a SURVIVOR.
 In January that chemo port was removed!  And Daniel's doctor declared him "in remission!"  Our God is so GOOD! 
 And these sweet people, who by the way are younger than me (can you imagine going through all of this before your 30th birthday??!), Danny and Kimberly, can breathe, just really breathe, and enjoy life with their now, six, year old son, and count every precious moment as a blessing.
 To celebrate the fact that Daniel KICKED CANCER's BUTT!, the Moseley's hosted a Cancer-Free Celebration Party! at a favorite spot in town, Monkey Joe's!!  They rented the place out, ordered enough pizza for all of Muscogee County, and I believe the last head count was around 150!  That's one heck of a celebration!!
 Daniel, I am so honored to be your friend, and I am so PROUD of you for KICKING CANCER's hiney!!  ;)  I hope now and forever, all your wishes come true!  I am grateful for being a small part of one of them.  Love you bunches, my little tiger.


No comments:

Post a Comment