Wednesday, August 29, 2012

OOC Weekend 2012!

It's my favorite time a year again! 

.....Okay--no, I'm not busting out my Christmas decorations...second favorite time of year!  OOC Weekend, baby!!  With these lovely ladies!

A few weeks ago, I packed it up and headed to Florence, AL to meet my 8 college roomies for our annual weekend, one I will cherish each year, because no matter what is going on in our lives, and as busy as we are, things seem to fall right back into place as if we're all pulling up at the McKee House after a long day of class....ready to tap a keg!

Blazer hosted this year at her parent's AH-mazing house on the Tennessee River, where we managed to soak in some sun (and a little summer rain), adult beverages, and all the quality time we could in what always seems to be too short a time.


And what's OOC weekend without a little surprise, right Rigsby??  Looks like the twins will have to share their toys come February! 
Oh, but in true Oakes fashion.....she had a little surprisin' to do of her own....with a NOT EVEN 2 year old baby girl, and a FIVE MONTH old baby boy!  HELLO!!!  We're about to put you and Charlie on seperate floors after this munchkin comes along!
And there's something else that always gives us butterflies around here, and it's the unveiling of our OOC t-shirt that our rocking entrepenuer TT makes us!  Oh yes, we're those people with matching tees!  It's like our after-college date party t-shirts you just gotta have!  Heck, we'll be 70, still saying "OOC, baby!" on our girls weekend, sitting at Cracker Barrell in our matching tshirts! 

 And you're gonna be jealous, you know you are!

We left our accomodations poolside only twice, for a boatride.  And I mean, a BOATRIDE.

Midafternoon things got sneaky....  TT and Anna Kate disappeared.  And came back like this. 

I suppose it was only appropriate on Olympics weekend, right?

We proceeded to have the the most intense game of the "OOOOC Olympics" (note the shirt, love it TT!) of college trivia my memory-challenged brain could handle.  And it was hilarious!  I love that we leave our working, mothering, nurturing, business, budgeting brains at home--and can cut up and have such a silly time together!  And good grief, the questions these girls came up with!! 
And as required, there were winners.  (Though Jess and I demand a RECOUNT!)

Congrats, 61 and Blazer.  Your memory is astounding.
We did actually shower over the weekend, put make up on, and get girly.  Only because Turtle Point Yacht Club required us too, though.  We took a beautiful sunset cruise to dinner, and squeezed in all the last minute gossiping we possibly could before the end of an amzing weekend!





Ladies, I love yall.  What more is there to say.  I love our weekends, our "circle of friends," our inside jokes, I love that distance and time are just words with us.  I love that 14 years ago I walked into a crowded chapter room on bid day panicking, and walked out with yall. 

It must of been that Chimney Rock story that sold you on my normalcy.  ;)  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment